Multi-Services Commissioning Manager
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Multi-Services Commissioning Manager who wants to be part of meaningful change in an industry overdue for transformation.
L&P Group is a multi-disciplinary building services consultancy. We’re a business with family at its heart and a culture of inclusivity, pro-activity and purpose. With over 80 staff based in the heart of the City of London and a new office in Manchester, our teams work across the UK with developers, design teams and contractors. Our schemes encompass workplace, residential and mixed use development; education, sport and leisure. They are defined not by size, but often by complexity: we’re trusted to deliver buildings where services are carefully coordinated to achieve true building performance.
We seek an individual with the following attributes:
- Produce and issue commissioning strategy documentation outlining project specific Commissioning Management processes and procedures.
- Produce and issue M and E services commission-ability reviews, managing the review process in conjunction the services design.
- Review and comment on M and E services products asset register and code structure at design, installation and completion phases of projects.
- Develop and production of Commissioning Management progress monitoring system tracking tools.
- Co-ordinate with Main Contractor and Sub-Contractor the production of project specific strategic commissioning programme, for integration with the commissioning management progress monitoring system.
- Review, analyse and comment on individual trade contractor programmes of work and progress.
- Guide, assist and review on production of both off-site and on-site trade contractors RAMS.
- Review and co-ordinate off-site testing, managing all requirements and attendances.
- Review and comment on sub-contractors commissioning look ahead tracking documents.
- Attend Interface meetings with Client Engineers, Main and Sub- Contractors as necessary.
- Chair and minute Commissioning Management Meetings as necessary.
- Work with projects team to monitor and track progress of installation processes, relating to the commissioning programme requirements, recording via the commissioning management progress monitoring system
- Monitor the commission-ability of services installations (test holes and binder points etc)
- Manage, co‐ordinate, review and witness systems pre‐commissioning and commissioning together with Client Engineers, Main and Sub- Contractors as necessary. Witness / validate tests and report.
- Witness pipe work flushing, cleaning including chlorination and dosing in accordance with specialists approved method statements.
- Witness / validate tests and report upon Statutory Authority tests and approval.
- Co-ordinate, witness and review the final commissioning of services systems. Co‐ordinate with MC/CE/SC.
- Review and comment on final test documents.
- Manage and witness IST testing activities, liaising with the professional team.
- Manage and co-ordinate client witnessing activities / requirements with the professional team.
- Review and comment on client training proposals and activities.
- Co-ordinate, manage (and produce where required) Building User Guide documentation.
- Co-ordinate with trades regards specialist builders works e.g. Air tightness testing and Thermographic surveys
- Manage and execute periodic surveys for Seasonal Commissioning e.g. for BREEAM and LEED accreditation.
- Manage multi-disciplined building services validation surveys and compile associated final executive reports
- Management experience would be advantageous
L&P Group benefits:
- 1 ‘Wellness Day’ per month for personal and career development
- Regular company social events
- Multiple sports teams
How to apply
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please email your CV to the recruitment team at